Volunteers power our programs
The IRM relies on volunteers to help us share science in the Philadelphia community. We are always looking for faculty, postdocs, and students who want to contribute to our learning experiences. Volunteering is a great way to broaden the reach of your research and enhance your communication skills while making a difference.
If you are interested in presenting your research to a non-expert audience or assisting with one of our workshops, please review our current opportunities below or contact Jamie Shuda. Volunteers who will be working in-person with minors will need to complete appropriate clearances.
Current volunteer opportunities
The IRM is not currently accepting volunteers. Please check back in the fall for our next opportunity to sign up!
Thank you to all our 20-21 volunteers for helping us share science in an unusual year!
- Andrew Marques, 1st year graduate student, joining the lab of Dr. Rick Bushman
- Jessica Brandt, PhD Candidate, lab of Dr. Jonathan Raper
- Trevor Griesman, 4th year graduate student in the laboratory of Dr. Sara Cherry
- Dr. Caitlyn Bowman, Postdoctoral Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Zoltan Arany
- Dr. Jonathon Lerner, Postdoctoral Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Ken Zaret
- Stephen Carro, 2nd year graduate student in the Laboratory of Dr. Eisenlohr of UPenn/CHOP
- Mike Noji, 3rd year graduate student co-mentored by Dr. Kathryn Wellen and Dr. Zoltan Arany
- Elizabeth Mercado-Ayon, graduate student
- Aradhana Kasimsetty, 1st year graduate student
- Megan Blair, 3rd year graduate student in the laboratory of Dr. Zolt Arany
- Kevin Mears, 1st year graduate student in the laboratory of Dr. Michael Abt
- Dr. Balint Kacsoh, Postdoctoral Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Shelly Berger