The cells of the reproductive system give rise to all other cells in the body. IRM researchers seek to understand the regenerative qualities of sperm and eggs and the biology of early embryos, with the goals of improving the storage of germ cells and embryos for cancer patients and creating safe, effective assisted reproductive technologies.
In the News
- The origin of reproductive organs (Penn Today)
- Pregnancy Complications in Assisted Reproduction Linked to a Specific Process
- New tech gives fertility hope for young male cancer patients (TODAY)
- Preserving sperm stem cells restores fertility in mice (NIH Research Matters)
- CHOP and Penn Medicine team up to explore fertility of childhood cancer survivors (Philly Voice)